ACNE– generic term for a group of various skin disorders, of various etiologies, secondary to a functional disorder of the sebaceous glands.
Acne is a skin dysfunction that occurs mainly on the face, the back, the chest and in the capillary. Although they may be affected all age groups, acne occurs most frequently in adolescents.
Acne can be inflammatory and noninflammatory.
Noninflammatory acne– It is characterized by seborrheic skin and/or the appearance of comedones.
- Seborrhea is caused by excessive secretion even pathological glands. The skin is shiny , yellowish – dirty -looking ,has dilated pores, it is rough and lacks flexibility. Seborrhea is localized predominantly on the nose, forehead, cheeks, upper chest, including the scalp and can affect pinna.
- Comedones are formed by clogging the hair follicle, sebum removal opening. Open comedones (blackheads) have given oxidants color, not dirt. Closed comedones are whiteheads.
Inflammatory acne – is the result of inflammation pore clogged. It appears in most cases to oily skin.
- The papules appear as red bumps, often painful, which may resolve spontaneously or can develop into pustules.
- Pustules derived from papules , the surface can be seen yellow-white purulent content .
- Nodules and cysts are painful inflammation, evolving worst that can result in scarring.
Reasons for acne:
- Genetic: inherited predisposition, the number and activity of the sebaceous glands, follicular reactivity, altered keratinization
- Endocrine : sebaceous gland is mainly influenced by androgen and thyroid hormones
- Medicine: steroids, androgens, anabolic steroids, antituberculous, anticonvulsants, immunosuppressants, iodine and other potential stimulus: lithium cobalt irradiation. Acne medication always occurs suddenly.
- Mechanical: pressure or friction caused by clothing or behavioral habits. Reaching frequent face with dirty hands or hair spray or other similar products.
- Uncontrolled exposure to the sun
- Usage of Inappropriate cosmetic skin products prolonged application of cosmetics containing compounds comedogenic
- Mentally stress. According to sources is not a cause, but influences the hormonal system, and an unbalanced body is vulnerable
- Rebel constipation
- Improper hygiene. Acne is not caused by poor hygiene but is compounded.
- Inadequate makeup, foundation.The condition of the skin or acne prone skin is AFFECTED the content of comedogenic ingredients that clog pores. Improper removal of makeup .
- Applying inappropriate cosmetics . Recently was born a new term, “cosmetic acne”
- Breaking or squeezing pimples in unsanitary conditions by unskilled hands. Trauma injuries.
- Sweating, hot and humid environments
- Premenstrual period
- Ultraviolet radiation . The sun is good because moderate anti-inflammatory effect, but has an comedogenic effect by increasing sebum from the skin
- Occupation by exposure to heat, oil or mineral oil
- Diet in which dairy products are concentrated sweets and foods high in iodine. We found no conclusive studies showing the link between diet and acne, but certainly a healthy diet contributes to the good condition of the body, so healing and self-regulating processes are normal
- Anabolic steroids, vitamin B12, bromides, iodides, antiepileptics
- Pregnancy, in which the hormonal system gets a genuine revolution
- The alkalinity of the skin: acne, allergies and skin problems become more severe when the skin is alkaline
People prone to acne or acne episodes should take into account aggravating factors and that are triggers:
- proper hygiene. It is important to keep the skin clean, but washing exes can lead to skin dryness and irritation. Avoid alcoholic solutions or pickling which stimulates the secretion of sebum
- appropriate use of cosmetic products
- sun exposure with photoprotection
- hair should be clean and have no contact with or prone to acne affected areas, especially if using hairstyle products
- rethinking diet – vegetarian helps cleaning the skin and are a great use in the treatment or prophylaxis of acne. Administration of dietary supplements, in particular vitamins A, E, omega -3 and zinc
Acne skin condition evaluation is recommended to be done by a dermatologist or a cosmetic medical practice, especially in severe cases. It is important to differentiate the diagnosis of folliculitis acne. In some cases require laboratory analysis. In milder cases , acne can be treated at home. Note that a general solution is not available for everyone there to treat acne.
A good cleaning of the skin: unclogging pores, removing infected pustules, cysts sebaceous cleaning – is done in several sessions if the skin is infected and requires a specialist and maximum hygiene. Then you need to allow time for skin to heal.
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT HOME:
- proper cleaning with products suitable for oily skin
- pores decongest, skin purification
- limiting the proliferation of bacteria
- regular exfoliation to remove dead cells and clean pores
- wound healing and scarring
- apply compositions containing ingredients sebum regulators
- apply preparations containing antibacterial ingredients
- skin moisturizing creams non-fat , light
- protect skin
. FOCUS on:
- decongest pores
- balance sebum secretion
- skin purification
- avoid bacterial growth
- moisturize and protect skin
Cosmetic ingredients that have a good reputation and proved effective to many people affected by common acne are: